Dec 30, 2019
For today's Q&A session, we’re
switching it up. Ben is chatting with health and fitness expert,
Dr. Chris Spearman but Chris will be the one asking the questions
today. From a Ph.D. in Cancer Research to a global cover model,
Chris is now one of the world’s leading online fitness coaches and
the CEO of Fitness Coach Freedom. Ben being an IFBB Bodybuilder
himself and having trained Chris, he is well versed in the area of
fitness and training. Chris is here today to pick Ben’s brain about
his training. During this episode, they discuss what training
looked like during Ben’s peak, during the ascension and now during
the new mountain, he’s transcending. They’re each a very different
point in life and it can be very helpful to other people going
through their journey. They also talk about the psychological
aspect linked to training and the benefits to breathing awareness
- Ben’s training right now and how
it fits into his life with family and business. [2:44]
- Advice Ben has for others - making
a constant effort on intelligent muscle building.
- In order to optimize growth it has
to be perfect practice not just repetitive practice.
- Putting force through a muscle
without changing anything except for internal stimulus.
- Meditation and why training is
your best time to be present. [16:35]
- Would Ben still have trained this
way if he had to go back in time. [19:58]
- Understanding progressive
- Distance: moment arm - from the
line of force to the axis of rotation. [25:30]
- Advice to people who are hesitant
about doing group training. [27:15]
- Building muscle by going through
the different stages of mobility, stability and skill.
- Where to go to learnt he
fundamentals of muscle building . [32:39]
- Smaller, simple exercises people
can do to be more aware of their breathing. [36:03]
- Anxiety is not a character trait,
it's a state and you can fix it. [39:39]
- If Ben applied the knowledge he
knows now, 10 years ago, what would the outcome be.
- The significance of breathing in
waist control. [45:22]
- The ability of someone to reach
the heights that they’re physically and mentally capable of.
- Values in discipline to be
developed without having to experience the pain of failure.
- Getting out of that victim
mentality and acknowledging it in your life. [52:06]
- Rapid, immediate, drastic action
toward fixing it. [55:55]
- Hear more about the Muscle Camps,
what it’s all about it and the finalized dates. [58:05]